Almost done with the high poly and nearing the retop phase. Luckily some of the armor pieces are already low poly in Max and the rest shouldn't be too hard to get into the 7500 tri budget.
Here's some more renders but this time with the bump viewer material.
I just found out about an opportunity over at NCSoft / Arena Net and I've decided to try and get an internship there. The test/application involves making a high poly character and then generating the maps for a low poly (7,500) model. The concept drawing is from Guild Wars 2 I believe.
Here's what I've got so far. Kinda blocked everything in and I've just completed the head area. Next up should probably be the chest, but I might work on the armor for the arms first. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Don't mind the amputated leg. I needed to remove it to see the inside of the thigh for some stuff.