Made this tile in Substance Designer. One version is just the curvy tile ad infinitum and another version has a border tile. You can see the second version in the Tileable Section. They are white ceramic tiles with some dirt and grease on top. Could be used in a bathroom.
So over the summer all my little jade plants decided that they wanted to go super saiyan and form a forest. I got a cool tray from Bonsai West and started to think about the placement of the little guys into a Yose-Uye (forest). Well, being a 3D artist I put ZBrush to work to help me visualize the grouping. I knew I wanted to go for a 7-tree or 9-tree planting and because I wouldn't be removing the plants from their little pots before arranging them, turning and placing them in a virtual environment would be much easier. I didn't go and model the plants completely, just the major trunks and branches to speed up the process. I came up with about 3 arrangement and settled on the one pictured.
This is what it looked like a few days afters planting was completed. The balance wasn't quite right so I added the rock to get a better triangular shape to the whole scene.
It grew quite a bit over the summer and even when brought inside for the winter it didn't seem to slow down. So much so that I had to trim it back some. I thought the transplanting would have caused it to slow down, but I guess it liked it's new arrangement. It was fully rooted so I even removed the wires holding the trunks in place. I also removed the shoots near the bottom to show off the trunks more. Here are the results after reshaping and some wiring. The moss is also surviving nicely and should fill in come mid-summer.
Just started learning some Substance Designer and I'm really loving it. It's technical enough to get my left brain satisfied, but then the right kicks in and the art happens for a great synergy.
After watching a bunch of tutorials and making a couple of basic materials I wanted to try my hand at a custom project. My friend Tyler Sorg was making a car and I saw that he needed a nice carbon fiber material. He was modeling the Koenigsegg One:1 and I took a look at some reference images to familiarize myself with the material. It was a basic weave with, you guessed it, fibers in the threads. Below is the material inside of Marmoset, Some keyshot renders can be seen here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/No4o1, and you can find the car renders from keyshot here... https://www.artstation.com/artwork/J3lRn
Just messin' around with Keyshot and ZBrush. Wanted to practice with ZModeler Brush and ended up making some textures in Keyshot.
Guess what... I made a prop that was used in the new Skylanders Superchargers game. It was used in a cinematic! Here's what it looks like in game and rendered in Marmoset.
If you want to see it in the actual cutscene, check out this video on YouTube.
Almost got the Robotoball in there too, but I think it was cut out because of the pacing of the scene. Or maybe it just didn't read well.
Potion Bottle for a scene I'm building. This one is from Keyshot, but I also have some renders from Marmoset that make it look like it has dichroic glass, or at the very least fumed glass. I'm torn between the first version (A) and the last version (F), mainly because the far right one shows more of the liquid inside.
Finished up the Colt .45 model I've been working on. Super happy with the results of the normals and the texture came out really well I think. I watched the Digital Tutors video on this, but deviated at the end to make a more precise version. I'll be texturing this in Mari later as well to see how the program compares to using dDo.
Check it out in my Props section.